Thursday, October 20, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Halloween is quickly approaching!  It seems as though it was just summer but autumn is moving right along!

My kids start to count down to Halloween in summer.  As soon as they see the costumes and decor for Halloween out in the stores they are asking me, "How many more sleeps mom?"  This excitement continues right up until the big night.

My kids are still small enough to really enjoy the Halloween season.  I love to watch them and their excitement;  it reminds me of my childhood and how excited my siblings and I would get up until the big day. The kids and I decorate the house after Thanksgiving and carve our pumpkins the day or two before Halloween.  We have done all kinds in the past, from traditional faces to more complicated ones in the last few years.
Our spooky Halloween window
One of our more tradtional Halloween pumpkins

A more complex Halloween pumpkin
 My kids love to plan out their costumes and eagerly await Trick or Treating.  Here in the country, our neighbours are really generous to the little ghosts and goblins that come to their doors on Halloween evening.  We maybe get only 15 to 20 kids maximum to come and visit so the treat baggies they receive are filled with chocolates and candies and maybe even a pudding cup or a juice box.

My kids a few years ago on Halloween
My kids are very excited to help plan out the treat baggies that we give away each year.  As a mom, I was very happy to find out about Allan Candy Halloween treats.  They include Allan intense Jubes & Jellies, Allan Chewy Rascalz and Allan Fruit Buddies.   Allan candies are made in Canada (yeah!) and are peanut-free.  I know with the growing number of peanut allergies out there finding peanut-free alternatives is sometimes a challenge and it is great to know there are companies out there producing peanut-free alternatives.

Allan Candies - Made in Canada and peanut-free!

My kids have tried these candies out and have approved 100%.  I must admit, my husband and I have tried them out too.  It is cool to see some of my old favorites like Bigfoots and Hot Lips come pre-wrapped making it easy to give them out on that fun evening.

I am happy to be able to share some of these Allan candies with the kiddies that will come to our house on Halloween evening.  Of course, we will have a few other surprises in our goodie bags but they will definately contain several Allan candies in them!

How do you celebrate Halloween?  Do you have any special traditions you would like to share with us?  Please feel free to do so and

Happy Halloween!!


Disclaimer:  I am participating in the Allan Candy Company program by Mom Central Canada.  I received compensation for my participation in this campaign.  The opinions on this blog are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment